Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

M Eisner and WDI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: M Eisner and WDI Reply with quote

I was reading an article on www.JimHillMedia.com tallying Eisner's final scorecard and it made a mention of him gutting the animation studios and WDI. I read a lot about the studios but didn't hear too much about the effects the end of his tenure had on WDI. How many people are they employing now? Are they outsourcing more now? Does anyone know anything about this?

SenoritaVelasco
(10/19/05 5:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: M Eisner and WDI
anyone?:\

Holly3216
(10/21/05 6:27 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: M Eisner and WDI No idea...sorry! I don't know anyone who has worked in that division.

Meloncov
(10/31/05 11:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post RE I don't know any numbers, but the current plan is to turn WDI into a managment company, and to outscource all of the actual design.

SenoritaVelasco
(11/1/05 1:29 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post nooo! I really do love the industry in general, but I always wanted to be a Disney Imagineer. News like this makes me sick to my stomach!

Holly3216
(11/1/05 2:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: nooo! www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/a...hp?ID=1634

How sad!
The word on the street appears to be that Iger doesn't have compassion for imagineering either. And this at a time when Disney Imagineers have started spouting a series of books about Imagineering (e.g. "The Imagineering Way" and "The Imagineering Field Guide")... make money off of something that doesn't exist anymore in that way. Some day, they will realize the economic value of R&D... expensive in the short term (hard to convince investors that it's worthwhile), but the end results can be extremely profitable when you have new and exciting things for people to buy into (not just copies of what everyone else is making).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Post a project - post a resume All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: