Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Back after a long time - ETC Projects Manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Our Guest Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iainquinn

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Back after a long time - ETC Projects Manager Reply with quote

Hello,

Its been a very long time since I was here, so long in fact I couldn't remember my original user name etc!

In truth I had forgotten about the site and it only came back to me whilst trawling the web for news and ideas.

Primarily I am a Lighting Techno "geek", I work for Electronic Theatre Controls in their London office where I am a Senior Projects Manager.
Here I am responsible for the quality and delivery of lighting control systems, sold by and integrated by our dealer and sales networks.
We work closely with Disney across the globe and recently I have been working with Disney Cruise Lines on their newest ships, creating exciting and cutting edge lighting control systems, ship wide.
But we are certainly not limited to these markets, I work primarily in Europe, ME and Africa on projects from Opera Houses, Theatres, schools, Theme Parks, Conference centres and community halls, if you need a lighting system we will provide it.
I responsible for the design and delivery of systems such as the worlds tallest building in Dubai, Ferrari world, Grand Mosque (Abu Dhabi), Copenhagen Opera, Royal Opera House (London) and many many more!

That said, I also have a creative side, I have a BA in Theatre Design and history, from one of the UK's leading theatre Universities (Central School of Speech and Drama), where I specialized in Lighting Design. I am also an active member of the Association of Lighting Designers, primarily a theatre lighting design association.
I think it would be fair to say however that I have not "designed" in the creative sense of the word for a little while now!

I am and always have been very keenly interesting in themed environments and the seemingly limit less boundaries in the imagination in this area. I am looking forward to being part of the forums here again!

Many Thanks

Iain Quinn
wokcreative

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!
Joey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Thanks for coming back and telling us about what you do. Do you have a website or anything with visual examples of the kind of thing you've worked on?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Our Guest Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: