Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Pixar Land? World of Pixar? Pixarama?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Eddie's Archive - Insights from creative guru and former Disney Imagineer Eddie Sotto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Pixar Land? World of Pixar? Pixarama? Reply with quote

Pixar Land? World of Pixar? Pixarama? Posted 10-16-2002 02: Chad [guest] from Imagination Portal
Pixar Land? World of Pixar? Pixarama? Posted 10-16-2002 02:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I realise that Pixar has a five-movie deal with Disney, but has anyone at Pixar considered a separate Pixar-themed park?

As they have a deal with Disney, it would probably not let them use characters from Toy Story and Monsters Inc., but after their deal is up, they would have the ability to theme up the joint like nobody's business, using the new characters from any new movies.

And if the extras on the DVD of Monsters Inc is to be believed, they could come up with some unbelievable new angles on rides.

Comments? Questions?

Chad

Alex from Imagination Portal
not Pixar Posted 10-16-2002 21:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well,
they have no experience with parks, so why should they?
Selling the licenses to Disney is a whole lot more comfortable and secure.
And who says that their own movies will be similar hits when they don't cash on Disney's marketing and so on?

What I could imagine though, would be a 'Lord of the Rings' theme park in New Zealand with all their beautiful props as decoration or facades.

Alex

nate from Imagination Portal
Disneyland Posted 11-13-2002 03:31

>>they have no experience with parks, so why should they? "experts" told Walt Disney in 1954!

Alex from Imagination Portal
i forgot Posted 11-13-2002 18:13

ahhhh, I forgot about that.
And i actually wanted to answer that Pixar should better focus on their movies but i think that was also told Disney.

Anyway Nate, glad your back, let us know about your experience at Universal please!

matt [guest] from Imagination Portal
Pixarland Posted 11-15-2002 02:15

I could certainly see a "Land" within a Disney park but not a devotional megalith like Universal or WDW built around it. Perhaps a smaller park like a Legoland or a mid sized park like Busch has. I'd invest in that. Is there a sell-by-date to some of Pixar's work? Or does it have the same kind of Disney makings in there? Is it going to lose it's freshness and make investor's reluctant to plonk the money down on monuments?

Re: Lord of the Rings -- here in Toronto there's a themed exhibit that showcases set pieces and props from "The Two Towers" -- an impressive and immersive one hour experience. (Second year now.) Hobbitland or moveable feast? I think moveable feast. Event. Good notion for a theme park, but I think our attention spans are getting pretty short. The wraparound for a theme park needs to invite more variety than that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Eddie's Archive - Insights from creative guru and former Disney Imagineer Eddie Sotto All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: