Themed Attraction.com Forum Index Themed Attraction.com
Welcome to the official message boards for themedattraction.com.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google

Student Needs Hope!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Our Guest Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lines

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Student Needs Hope! Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm currently studying Interior Architecture and Design in the UK and I've been attracted to this site for information a few times. As part of my course, they want to kick me into the scary real world and have me work in the professional industry. Now, there is NOTHING in the world I want to be more than to design for Theme Parks.

I have tried sending my portfolio around, but I was wondering if the community here might be able to give me some pointers. I have already read some of the Wonderful Walkthroughs from the site, but I would always appreciate a personal touch!
Holly
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board! The theme park industry is also "professional industry", so try not to be nervous about going out into the world... Working for regular companies may give you the experience and portfolio that you need in order to transfer into the attractions industry. Since you are still in school, it may be possible to get an internship, which is also a good way to get a foot in the door... In the long run, it is good to network (get to know people in the industry), and also be the best designer that you can be... Like any industry, the theme park industry looks for people with talent and experience. No two people get into the theme park industry the same way, but don't despair if you don't fall into it directly out of college. Sometimes it takes a while to find your way in... Best wishes and welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Themed Attraction.com Forum Index -> Our Guest Book All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: