Concept: Hanger 19

Welcome to the new Imagination Forum. This board exists to discuss all things "Imagineering".

Brainstorm a ride, ask questions about theme park design, debate the latest and greatest rides, discuss the themed entertainment industry. Your imagination is the limit of this board!

Moderator: Imagination Forum

Sfan00

Concept: Hanger 19

Post by Sfan00 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:08 pm

In a book on UFO's I found reference to an alleged plan by the US government to slowly reveal much more about UFO's and stuff by
having a sort of travelling carnival...

This inspired me to come up with my own concept, but couldn't come up with a good way of describing it.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on how avation museums attractions currently attract people in the US?

Sfan00

Re: Concept: Hanger 19

Post by Sfan00 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:56 pm

[quote="Sfan00"]In a book on UFO's I found reference to an alleged plan by the US government to slowly reveal much more about UFO's and stuff by
having a sort of travelling carnival...

This inspired me to come up with my own concept, but couldn't come up with a good way of describing it.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on how avation museums attractions currently attract people in the US?[/quote]

OK To follow up my own post,
Hanger 19 is based around the idea that a group of friendly extra-terrestrial alien showman have arrived to 'sell' thier civilisation and
cultural exports to Planet Earth.. "E.T Barnum has landed." :) ...

Tedward

Post by Tedward » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

I like the "E.T. Barnum" concept. A lot retro-lithograph style artwork with aliens instead of humans. Could be effective and entertaining.

A circus freak show seems a good way to play with people's expectations. I could see that as a "realistic" way for the aliens to introduce themselves.

Sfan00

Post by Sfan00 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm

[quote="Tedward"]I like the "E.T. Barnum" concept. A lot retro-lithograph style artwork with aliens instead of humans. Could be effective and entertaining.

A circus freak show seems a good way to play with people's expectations. I could see that as a "realistic" way for the aliens to introduce themselves.[/quote]

In the UK there an act called the 'Cricus of Horrors' that does various tricks,
Is that sort of what you had in mind?

wokcreative

Post by wokcreative » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I like the ET Barnum thought, too. That's the good basis for the start of a backstory, and great theming.

Sfan00

Post by Sfan00 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:35 pm

[quote="wokcreative"]I like the ET Barnum thought, too. That's the good basis for the start of a backstory, and great theming.[/quote]

Given the background, It would also let the show designers use some of the better known 'freak show' techniques, to give the appearance of alien tech with Earth Based science. :)

Sugar70

Post by Sugar70 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:11 pm

In the UK there an act called the 'Cricus of Horrors' that does various tricks,

http://theartofcoverthypnosis.com/

Sfan00

Post by Sfan00 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:36 am

[quote="Sugar70"]In the UK there an act called the 'Cricus of Horrors' that does various tricks,

http://theartofcoverthypnosis.com/[/quote]

That might be a bit extreme for what I had in mind, but is thinking along the right lines :)