Starting at the very beginning.

Welcome to the new Imagination Forum. This board exists to discuss all things "Imagineering".

Brainstorm a ride, ask questions about theme park design, debate the latest and greatest rides, discuss the themed entertainment industry. Your imagination is the limit of this board!

Moderator: Imagination Forum

jaketimus

Starting at the very beginning.

Post by jaketimus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am

I'm a high school student. I have a dream of becoming a theme park attraction designer. I want to be involved with initial idea development and design layouts for attractions. I want to be the guy that comes up with an idea and sees it through to the end. I want to get as much of a head start as i can. I was wondering what my college goals should be and maybe some good schools to consider and if there are any programs i could participate in now. My all time dream would be to work for Universal Studios. Ive been going there since i was a baby and it has always held a special place in my heart. Any help or experience shared would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time! :)

DT6011

Post by DT6011 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:53 pm

Unusual wish.. this is my first time to read something like this. Well, anyways. goodluck to your choice career.. visiting some themes park and interviewing someone there would be a great help..

just-inverted

Post by just-inverted » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm

i recommend on buying and watching theme park documentaries, or researching on the internet.

HHN93

Re: Starting at the very beginning.

Post by HHN93 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:07 am

[quote="jaketimus"]I'm a high school student. I have a dream of becoming a theme park attraction designer. I want to be involved with initial idea development and design layouts for attractions. I want to be the guy that comes up with an idea and sees it through to the end. I want to get as much of a head start as i can. I was wondering what my college goals should be and maybe some good schools to consider and if there are any programs i could participate in now. My all time dream would be to work for Universal Studios. Ive been going there since i was a baby and it has always held a special place in my heart. Any help or experience shared would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time! :)[/quote]
that is exactly what I want to do. Are you talking about becoming a creative director?

jaketimus

Post by jaketimus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 pm

yes. thats exactly what i want. im just trying to figure out how to get going and what i need to do.

HHN93

Post by HHN93 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:20 pm

are you talking about Orlando or Hollywood? I personally want to be the CD of Universal Studios Hollywood

jaketimus

Post by jaketimus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:35 pm

i would prefer Orlando.

HHN93

Post by HHN93 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Well creative director is a position that you are promoted to, you need to work your way up

jaketimus

Post by jaketimus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:27 pm

yeah, i understand that. i was just wondering if universal offered any internships or opportunities that you are aware of?

rcj3

Post by rcj3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Just search around the forum. This is a topic I have seen before many times. So you will find lots of info on the subject. One thing is to check into the intern programs and depending on where you are in High School I want to say I remember in one of the threads having info on something at Disney for the group.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Yes, you should contact Universal Creative directly. You can find their contact information on www.themeit.com. They offer internships from time to time and at very least you could ask for a tour or a job shadow.

Nate

jaketimus

Post by jaketimus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm

thanks for the help Nate! a rep from Universal Creative has already contacted me thanks to that site!

Holly
Site Admin

Internship

Post by Holly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks, Nate. Good info. I didn't know that they had a website :-)