Lighting the themed environment

If you have a themed entertainment project, post the requirements of your project here. For entrepeneurs and family entertainment center and themed venue owners, this is a great place to solicit help and advice. If you're a designer, this is a great place to network your skills.

Moderator: Imagination Forum

admin
Site Admin

Lighting the themed environment

Post by admin » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi Guys:

Its been a long time since i was last on the boards but its nice to be back. Regards to Nate, i may be in Florida during the summer of next year so it would be nice to meet up.

Anyway, i wanted to ask about the role of the lighting designer in the creation of a 'Dark' ride. I am currently considering moving to the USA and focussing my carrer more on Themed Attraction work than Theatre and Concert Touring that is the mainstay of my carreer to date.

How do i go about getting the work and experience required, i have been lighting for almost 15 years now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Paul

SPCcom
(7/24/05 9:24 am)
Reply | Edit | Del

New Post Re: Lighting the themed environment
Paul-
the experience that you have already obtained is more than enough to get you started in this industry. Professionals come from all walks of life....

Lighting in a dark ride is a key component to its' success. Poor lighting---- poor ride, no matter how good the story is. Be aware that "lighting" a dark ride would be a very small part of your career here. So many other day to day things happen. The beauty of this industry
from the outside looking in is magnificent, but inside its just another job!

Best in your ventures.
naw