Space Mountain (Orlando)

If you have news that we should know regarding new theme park attractions or news, please post it here. Companies: Post your press releases here.

Moderator: Imagination Forum

WDIR&D

Space Mountain (Orlando)

Post by WDIR&D » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:49 am

The Space Mountain in Orlando is closing soon for a major refurbishment. Right now, we're looking at total track replacement, removal of all asbestos from the building, enclosing the loading areas, the TTA track, and the lift hill, adding loading gates, and implementing on-board audio with new trains. (Though that last one might not be ready for opening, it might be saved for a 1-2 punch.) We're asking for all new LED lighting for the mountain, but who knows if we'll actually get it. Expect the ride to close in April and re-open in Feb. of next year.

icandrawem2

Post by icandrawem2 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Good old asbestos abatement...Are we gonna see space mountain covered with an enormous piece of fabric (cause that would be a big one!)..joking...at least they are getting it outta there. Im gonna get over there soon so I can get a years-worth of riding in one visit...hah. When you say track replacement, any clue if the in-line seating arrangement will remain or will they go for something higher capacity? Well sounds like it will be a positive upgrade, we hope.

SteveClapton

Post by SteveClapton » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 am

I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and learned a lot from them. You are doing some great work. Thank you for making such a nice website.

http://www.welovephuket-thailand.com/phuket-resorts/

michelleclark

Post by michelleclark » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:43 am

Space Mountain ride opened at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and similar attractions were then eventually built at the other Disney parks.

http://www.welovekohsamui.com/kohsamui-resorts/