Legoland: Florida (Opening October 2011)

If you have news that we should know regarding new theme park attractions or news, please post it here. Companies: Post your press releases here.

Moderator: Imagination Forum

HHaase
Site Admin

Legoland: Florida (Opening October 2011)

Post by HHaase » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:15 am

I hadn't seen this mentioned here yet, but apparently Lego has bought the site of the old Cypress Gardens in Florida.

Opening up October 15th, 2011 it is now in the process of becoming Legoland Florida. I have no idea if they will be utilizing anything from Cypress or not, but I can't wait until my toddler is old enough to take a visit down there.

http://florida.legoland.com/

-Hans

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 pm

It's big news really. Merlin Entertainments are the largest location based entertainments company after Disney, and yet their presence in the US is limited. It would be nice to see them take control of a non-Lego park in the US.

The atrocious water ride thing from Cyprus Garden's was moved to Thorpe Park in the UK, but I'm unsure what else is staying or going. Who knows why Merlin decided to move that to another one of their parks, and why they felt Thorpe was the most suitable place for it, when it seems like such a Lego-friendly attraction. Its run poorly at Thorpe, on low capacity and was plonked Six Flags style awkwardly in the middle of the park.