We are pleased to announce the 2nd annual “Themed Attraction Student Showcase” for the 2022 academic year.
Our goal is to provide a bridge between the attractions industry and the academic world, to help the next generation make meaningful connections with industry professionals while developing relevant skills.
All students currently enrolled in a college or university are eligible to submit work. Individuals may also submit work produced up to 10 months after graduation. We will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Students may submit either a team or an individual entry.
- All submissions must have been produced while the individual(s) were students as part of assigned coursework or under the supervision of a faculty member (such as a thesis project or sponsored club activity).
- All submitted work must be original in design and content (no existing intellectual property).
- Professionals may not submit work, nor may a student use professionals to complete portions of their work.
- One entry per student.
Zoom Kickoff Show Q&A
Registration Period and Project Instructions
Individual and team registrations will remain open until 4/30/22.
Submissions will be evaluated by a veteran panel of impartial industry professionals. Students will receive feedback on their submitted work when the results of the judging are announced
Submissions & Deliverables
Submissions shall consist any combination of visual communication needed to express your idea to the judges. A video is not required this year, but the best entries will be able to clearly communicate design intent. Attachments may be any combination of images, plans, illustrations, animations and videos. All work will be submitted online in digital format at themedattraction.com.
- Registration deadline Saturday 4/30/22.
- All students to start uploading their documents on Sunday 5/1/22 – Tuesday 5/31/22.
- The upload portal will close Tuesday 5/31/22 at midnight Pacific.
- Showcase opens to public display on Wednesday 6/01/22, posted on themedattaction.com.
- Judging to commence Wednesday 6/1 – Wednesday 6/28/22
- Results posted 6/30/22.
Feedback Session #1 July 1st 9am pacific / 12 pm eastern
Host: Jamie DeRuyter / Ringling College of Art & Design
Wellerman – The Ride
Session #2 July 5th 9am pacific / 12 pm eastern
Host: Peter Weishar – UCF and TEAAS
Free the Heaven
The United Nations
Lantern of Life
Quantum Time Heist
The Bishop Hotel
Session #3 July 6th 9am pacific / 12 pm eastern
Hosted by: Christian Rogers / IUPUI
The Corvus Cruiser
Escapte the Greisin
Domo: Travel to and from home
Daudalus: The Lost Wings
Mystic Caverns Queue Design
Academic Advisory Council
- Dr. Jesse Kamm, IAAPA Academic Symposium / PMP / Licensed General Contractor
- Peter Weishar – Professor University of Central Florida / TEA Eastern North America Board member / TEA Academic Society
- Christian Rogers – Associate Professor Computer / Themed Attraction Design & Motion Design IU / PUI – (Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis)
- Jamie DeRuyter – Faculty Entertainment Design / Ringling College of Art + Design
- MK Haley, University of Texas, Austin
Faculty wishing to participate in your program, please contact us at themedattraction.com.