Home › Forums › Imagination Forum – Theme Park Attraction Design & Imagineering › New Message Boards!! Fully operational!
So here’s whats in the works for themedattraction.com in the near future:
1) We’re going Wiki! We are in the process of installing a Wiki oriented web site, which will allow everyone to edit and add content to themedattraction.com. I hope that we can soon have the world’s largest database of theme park ‘imagineering’ related information. This means a huge company database, more great articles, a jobs board and much more.
2) New message boards. We’re finished with the transfer of the old messages to the new message boards. I’m hoping that this will really help us build our community of theme park attraction design enthusiasts and professionals.
The problem with the old boards is obvious: Too many ads! The large number of ads are distracting and it takes away from what we are trying to do. And of course, at one point they completely lost much of our old posts including invaluable posts left by guys like Eddie Sotto and design professionals. Fortunately, many of you saved a lot of this information and sent it to us. Of course, we’ll leave the old boards up for your reference. But the new ones will be the place to be!
Here’s what we need from you:
1) New moderators. To do this right, we would like some of you seasoned themedattraction.com participants to help. If you’re interested, please email me from the contact page at themed attraction.com.
2) Suggestions for new categories of boards. We are missing the boat on a great number of boards that would generate great interest. If you have an idea…we want to know!
3) We’re working on getting more interviews, better content from theme park design profesionals. But of course, there’s a limit to what we can say because many of us are bound by secrecy not to talk about the projects we’re working on. We’ll say what we can!
That’s your update. If you have any other suggestions about how to improve this site, do post your suggestions here.
Blessings to you all!
I might also mention that you’ll all have to re-sign up for a new profile on this message board. But this will hopefully be the last message board we will ever need. I might also add that I hope you’ll take the time to reintroduce yourself, because many folks are newer to these boards and they don’t know you yet!